Thursday, May 9, 2013

Bout of Books 7.0 Goals and Updates


Bout of Books


I am going to participate again in this read-a-thon!  I really need to get caught up on some books andwhen I saw others participating in it I knew it was perfect for me.  It starts on the 13th!

The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, May 13th and runs through Sunday, May 19th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 6.0 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog.


Don't forget to use the #boutofbooks hashtag when updating on Twitter and follow boutofbooks.
I will be updating my progress here on my webpage and on my my twitter page. 
I will only be updating to this page so check back here. I also will be doing my challenges on this link so scroll down to the bottom to see them!

Time Devoted to Reading

I will be reading 2 hours a day/during the week/ not exactly sure how much reading I will get in on the weekend... but hopefully a lot!

My Goals:
I would like to read 3 books.  I am in the middle of a Harry Potter re-read and really would like to get it done this week finally.  I have 1 book left. NOS4A2 is a long book... so I may only get Harry Potter done and this one.  I might get to Reached... hoping to.
I would like to participate in a twitter chat.  I participated in one last time around and it was a lot of fun and a GREAT place to get advice from other people.   





Updates

Monday
Number of books I've read today: 0
 Name of book:Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Total number of books I've read: 0
Number of hours read:  3 hours!!
What else I did: Today was busy.. I waxed my car... did a whole bunch of yard work.  So I didn't start reading until about 530 PM.  But I am getting pretty far in the book!  Harry Potter re-reading is almost complete!

Tuesday

Number of books I've read today: 0
Total number of books I've read: 0
Name of Book:  Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
 Number of Hours I've read: 0
 What else I did: Today I did not get any reading in.  I would've but I planned a Halo video game night with a good friend who lost her spouse last month.  This was the first time she wanted to get back into gaming since then.  So I spent about 4 1/2 hours playing with her.  I feel good about this.. so missing some reading is OK in my book!  Tomorrow will be better for reading!


Wednesday

Number of books I've read today: 0
 Total number of books I've read: 0
 Books: 0
Number of Hours I've Read: 0
What else I did:   I worked in the yard all day.. and then had to stand in line for Star Trek the new movie.  I thought I would read in line.. but yea right!

Thursday

Number of books I've read today: 1
Total number of books I've read: 1
 Books:The Frog Princess by E.D Baker
Number of Hours I've Read:3
What else I did: Can you believe it.. I read a book.  214 pages.  I had to squeeze this one in because tomorrow is my Project Disney post about The Princess and the Frog.  This book just came in today so I was forced to read it!!  Be on the look out for my post tomorrow.

Friday

Number of books I've read today: 0
Total number of books I've read: 1
Books: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Number of Hours I've Read: 1
What else I did:  Today I was busy and then I finally went to see Iron Man 3.. so my reading time wasn't all that great.  :(

Saturday

Number of books I've read today:
Total number of books I've read:
Books:
Number of Hours I Read: 
What else I did:

Sunday

Number of books I've read today:
Total number of books I've read:
Books:
Number of hours I read: 
What else I did:


Challenges:
Challenge 1:
Book Spine Poetry hosted by Escape Through the PagesMake a Book Spine Poetry Poem.  Well I suck at poetry and I mean big time!!  
so here is what I came up with:

It says... The Historian is Missing... BLOOD! Said the Cat.... The Gunslinger only found Shadow and Bone.  Yea I had to add words to make it make sense!!!  I don't have a large collection of books because I get most books from the library.  And the two in the middle are OLD books from when I was in middle school and my mom would buy me Fear Street books.  They had the most interesting titles to use.  This was so much fun!!


Challenge 2:
Book to Music hosted by Medusa's Library

Do I have any books tied to music?  Well this is a good one.  I have to think.  I don't normally think of music to books. Unless the book has music mentioned in it.  So I guess I will go with those...
I recently read Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell.. which of course takes place in the 80s.  So that made me think of Rock Of Ages (the broadway show.. the movie was so-so... but Tom Cruise was hot...) Ok back on subject...

So Eleanor and Park + the 80s + Rock of Ages =



   +    
MEANS Some Journey!! I love Steve Perry!!









Challenge 3:
Alternate Titles hosted by The Book Barbies

I have never really loved the title for the Harry Potter book I am reading.. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.  I don't know why.   It's just I feel like the book was more then that.  Harry Potter and He Who Must Not Be Named.  That should've been the name of at least one of the books I think... I used to have this poster long before the movies came out that said "He Who Must Not Be Named".  I must've thrown it out years ago.

Challenge 4:
Create a Cover hosted by I Talk Books!
 GAW!  Didn't get to this one

Challenge 5:

Acrostic Poem hosted by Harley Bear Book Blog



Bittersweet by Sarah Ockler is what I am going to pick.  This book made me obsessed with cupcakes! 
Blueberry Cupcakes
 Iceing
 Taste the frosting

 To the cupcake shop
 Every day a new flavor
 Raisins on top please
 Sweet tasting
 Waist getting larger
 Eat them all
 Every flavor
 Thankful for napkins

Challenge #6
Personify a Book hosted by Kimberly Erskine

Wow... well let me think... I am going to pick Superman comics... yes all Superman comics!!  Superman is my husband Eddie.  He is amazing.





















Superman and my husband are brave and kind-hearted hero with a strong sense of justice, morality, and righteousness.  I believe that my husband really tries to help others without question.  His integrity drives me nuts sometimes.  He refuses to be a bad person and we need more of him in this world.  Here we are!!





No comments:

Post a Comment