Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Armchair BEA- Blogger Development and Genre Fiction



Today topics are Blogger Development and Genre Fiction.  I have been blogging for a little over 2 years now.  I still feel like I don't know what I am doing!  I have tried to make my blog better by the example of others.  I have learned that using twitter to reach out to people is a good thing.  That not participating in too many memes is important too.  I have tried to incorporate my book clubs from goodreads into the blog to make it more interactive (the Young Adult Book Club, and  Stephen King Fans) .  I haven't had any giveaways or anything like that because I hate to feel like I am buying my readers.  Though I am going to have one for my OZ month here in September and I am not even sure what to expect!  It will be my first time! I have partnered with other bloggers for a few blogging events.  I don't think I am pro whatever that means.  I enjoy meeting other bloggers.  There is a small group of bloggers in my local area but I haven't really connected a lot locally.  I have found lots of friends who are far away from where I live.  I use Blogger.. which everyone says sucks but I am not some HTML genius and so I guess I will just hang here.  I have tried to find books on wordpress and html but they are all WAY over my head.  I just need someone to tell me in layman's terms.


Genre Fiction:

Now onto the Fiction post.  I love all books.  I do review a lot of Young Adult but that is because I run a young adult book club... if it weren't for that I would probably read a lot more adult books.  I love Stephen King~ one of my all time favorite authors.  I love Charlaine Harris' books.  I really enjoy R.A. Salvatore's books too and need to finish up the Drizzt series. I think the only type of genre I don't like is romance.  I just have never been able to get into it.  I don't mind it mixed in with other genres but stand alone romance is just eh to me. 

Well... I wish I was walking around BEA right now.. but here I am typing up this post and needing to make time for some reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment