Thursday, May 16, 2013

Nook... will it go away?

I am sad that the Nook isn't doing too well these days.  I really don't understand it... why people don't just love the Nook and use the Kindle or other reading devices.  I love that I am able to go into a store and browse around and look at all the features .. plus have someone there to help me when I can't figure the darn thing out.  I have always found the staff nice and friendly.  The stores have made the Nook section fun... even though they are phasing out the Nook Color (which is the one I own) the Nook HD Tablet is a great piece of work.



I am sad to see what has been going on with the Nook lately.  Barnes and Noble has added Google Play to their Tablets which I think is a move in a good direction.  I can't play that on mine though since I have the outdated Nook Color.  I own an iPad though so I see no need to upgrade my Nook.  That is one of the problems I think the ereader market is having.  Microsoft was rumored to buy Nook from Barnes and Nobles but it looks like that fell through.


The Nook is fun... but I am sure all ereaders are.  I've been reading that the ebook market is slowly losing sales.  I don't always read ebooks.  I still love to have a real book in my hands.  It is so hard to get new ebooks at the library so I have to have real books because of this.  I wish there was more access for libraries to have new ebooks. 





What about you?  What do you think of the Nook going away?

EDIT:  June 25th.. Barnes and Nobles have confirmed it will no longer sell Nook Color 

No comments:

Post a Comment