Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Armchair BEA: Classics

Armchair BEA is going to be covering a variety of topics this week. Today's topic is Classics.  I love Classics.  When I was a teenager and in my early 20s I didn't care for them at all.  I then took a literature class in college and read a few books that changed my mine.  I read the Bluest Eye, and the Great Gatsby.  Love both of them.  Then I read some Jane Austin and loved her books.  In 2007 I discovered goodreads and then joined the Rory Gilmore Book Club because I loved the books Rory was reading on the show.  I began reading the Classics along with the group.  Then I started moderating two other groups and haven't actually read anymore with that group for a while.  I have seen a lot of people who blog join the Classic's Club.  For those of you who are looking to read more classics be sure to check out that club!!



My favorite Classics that I have read so far:

1. The Count of Monte Cristo by Alex Dumas
2. The Hunchback of Notre Damn by Victor Hugo
3. Little Women by Louisa Mary Alcott
4. Frankenstein by Mary Shelly
5.  The Canterville Ghost by Oscar Wilde

I can't wait to read more Classics!!

No comments:

Post a Comment