Monday, July 22, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday- Words/Topics that will make me NOT pick up a book!



Top Ten Words/Topics That Will Make You NOT pick up a book!

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted at The Broke and the Bookish in which book bloggers are given a topic and asked to make a corresponding list of their top ten books.


1.  Romance -  I am sorry but I just don't love romance novels.  It has to have something else going on in the book along with romance for me to read it.  

2.  nonFiction - I just am not a nonFiction reader.  I have tried a few and never really enjoy them.  I did enjoy Let's Pretend this Never Happened by the Bloggess though.

3. Sadness - I read to be happy and to enjoy myself.  So if I find out a book is going to make me cry and be upset then I am skipping it.
4.  Western - OK confession, I have never actually read a Western so I don't really know if I would enjoy it.  But I don't love Western movies so I don't think I would love Western books.
5.  Military/War - I have attempted to read novels that have a lot of Military lingo and War tactics in it and I just did really enjoy reading about it. 
6. Sparks - Nicolas Sparks that is.  Movies are too much romance and sadness (see above).
7.  Biography - This must be the same as me not liking nonFiction.  I just don't love to read facts.. I want to read about make-believe.
8.  Tabloids - I was having a little trouble thinking of words so hey I picked tabloids.  Like those oddball stories with the funny pictures that go with them?  Yea not for me.
9. Love Triangle - I try to avoid love triangle books. Most books seem to have them but I do try to avoid them. 


No comments:

Post a Comment