Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Reached by Ally Condie Review


Yeah!  Another series done with.  I have been trying to finish all the series I have started.  I would've read this one sooner but some things came up so it kept being pushed back. This series was OK... I have read better (Divergent by Veronica Roth  and Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor come to mind) but I still enjoyed this series.  Here is the goodreads description:

After leaving Society to desperately seek The Rising, and each other, Cassia and Ky have found what they were looking for, but at the cost of losing each other yet again. Cassia is assigned undercover in Central city, Ky outside the borders, an airship pilot with Indie. Xander is a medic, with a secret. All too soon, everything shifts again.

So hopefully you have read Matched and Crossed if you are reading this review.   I think one of the problems with this series especially book 2 is that there were way too many questions left unanswered.  If an author leaves way too many questions people become confused.  The book does though finally give us some answers.

One thing though I have always been attached to the characters Cassia, Xander and Ky.  The Rising/Society story was crazy.  I am surprised about what happened and didn't feel satisfied with that at the end of the book. I thought it was going to be an Epic battle Society/Rising/Enemy.  Nope.   We are still left with many questions about it. Matched is still my favorite out of the series.  The covers are beautiful too which is why I picked up this series to begin with.  Each the color of one of the pills the society gives their citizens.  The love triangle bothers me.. but it was much better in this book.  I am pleased who Cassia ends up with.  Condie does a good job of writing about a distopian world but the plot is just way too confusing and questions still need to be answered!!

The crystal ball says:



Fog is coming.....  in the middle of the road on this book!

Matched by Ally Condie
Crossed by Ally Condie

No comments:

Post a Comment