Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Little Free Library.. have you been to your local one?

Little Free Libraries are amazing.  I finally took the time to go and explore one of the ones in my area.  I originally learned about them through on of the Bout of Books Challenges this last time around.  If you don't know about Little Free Library let me tell you all about it.  The program is where an individual sets up a box where people can drive up (walk up) and drop off and pick up books.  Almost like a drive through fast food joint but instead of food you gets books.  Oh and it's free of course.



There is a wonderful map online of all the registered boxes in the country so if you are interested you can go on by and donate some books.  Today I went and didn't even expect to find a book I might want to read and sure enough I did.  The Dark Half by Stephen King was in the box so I scooped that up.  There was even a Harry Potter book in there!

I think it would be amazing and fun to have one of these in my yard.  To find out more go to the Little Free Library's website to find out more.  Maybe even set up a box at your house???  Or just participate and go check out your local one.  This is great if you have a couple of books you no longer want. There are two more local ones in my area that I eventually plan on visiting.  So fun!!  I'll post pictures when I visit those locations.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment