Thursday, March 21, 2013

Follow Me Friday

Alison Can Read Feature & Follow 

This is the day of the week where we get to know each other better by answering a question devised by our lovely hostesses Parajunkee & Alisoncanread. We also gain new followers by joining each other's sites via GFC, so please let me know if you're a new follower. And now for this week's question....

Q.  What is your guilty pleasure as far as reading?  Is it a genre, or a certain type of book?

A. I suppose my guilty pleasure is young adult books. Yes I know a lot of you out there would be surprised by this answer.  But I have discovered that people who don't read a lot don't really think of young adult books as literature that is good.  Take this blog post for example by Bernard Beckett on Writing Teen Novels.  He says: 

"I certainly wouldn’t argue that teen fiction can’t be great literature (I have my favourite counter-examples), but I would argue that mostly it isn’t. What’s more, I think this is perfectly predictable, and shouldn’t be viewed as some sort of failing on behalf of the YA writer."

 I find sometimes that I am making excuses as to why I read it... but then again why should I be?  Sometimes young adult books are just filler but some are amazing and really well written.  Do you have any examples of YA books that you think are wonderful literature? 

What are your guilty pleasures?  Leave a link so I can check out your FF post!!





No comments:

Post a Comment