Sunday, June 16, 2013

Under the Dome Summer Readalong- Update 2

So the Under The Dome readathon has begun for me... if you don't know about it and want to know more go here to learn more!  Hope you join all of us!!  It is super fun, though I haven't seen anywhere to post updates or to discuss what we are reading so far.  So I have been posting over at the Stephen King Fans group on goodreads.  Everyone is getting into some great discussions there.. especially about how much the show has changed the characters AND the ending (which I don't know yet since I am not that far). 

OK... so I am not on hour well I don't know.  Disk 11, about to start disk 12.  Yesterday was the second leg of my road trip and I am still listening to the audio book.  I am really getting used to audio books now.  The thing about a King audio book is that there are parts where I would've read really fast in the book to get past a crazy part, on the audio I have to sit there and listen.  Really imagine what is going on!

Those participating along are getting read for the show Under the Dome on CBS starting this week.  If you haven't seen the trailer... well here you go:



I am ready to get started watching.  I love Haven on SyFy based on the book Colorado Kid by Stephen King.  I think that show is fun to watch.

Now onto the book... so far I am really enjoying the character development.  All the stories tying together.  I love to see the difference between the villain characters and the heroes.  While listening to the audio I even get mad at some of the characters while listening to them talk and just want to warn other people.  Honestly I was expecting this book to be more like the Stand.. but surprisingly it's completely different. Not a lot of supernatural stuff in it.. well at least not yet. 

I wonder though if I would love this book so much if I wasn't listening to it.  I feel with an audio book you just can't get bored.  I mean... sometimes as I am listening I do think.. hummm this part is boring.  But I keep listening!  I think because of the animation in the narrator's voice I am intrigued.  When I am reading along with the voice in my head and I am bored then my voice in my head gets bored.  The story seems to be getting a little spooky.  I keep reading that readers didn't really like the ending.. or the explanation of the whole thing.  So I am a little nervous about getting to the end of the story!  Review to come!!



Under the Dome Review and Final post for readalong
Check out Update 1 on Under the Dome

No comments:

Post a Comment