Sunday, October 14, 2012

Locke and Key Volume 4 by Joe Hill-Review


This is one of my all time favorite graphic novel series.  These comics are what I have been looking for in graphic novels!  Here is the goodreads description:

Joe Hill and Gabriel Rodriguez's Locke & Key unwinds into itsfourth volume in Keys to the Kingdom With more keys making themselvesknown, and the depths of the Locke's family's mystery ever-expanding, Dodge'sdesperation to end his shadowy quest drives the habitants of Keyhouse evercloser to a revealing conclusion.


OK another amazing arc in the Locke and Key series. I just love that we are discovering more and more keys. Though... sometimes I get a little confused so I have to check the back of the book to remember what keys do. Though this time around I noticed some keys aren't featured in the back and I am not sure why. Like my favorite key is the one with the red mask on it, and I don't see it in the key index in the back of the book! I looked for an image of it on the web too and this is the only one I found (without taking a picture of my book)... it is on the bottom third one on the left. 

 The art in this issue is interesting... I like how Rodriguez switches up his art work and even give homage to Calvin and Hobbes. The ending of this volume is an amazing cliff hanger... at least I have volume 5 in my hands.  But after that one who knows when I will get to read volume 6.  I have found no real information on the internet about it.  Though Joe Hill did tweet me back when I asked him how many volumes lock and key will have!  


So that is way cool... well that he answered me not that there will be only 6 volumes.  I wish there was going to be more!!!

Want to see my other reviews in the series?
 Head Games Volume 2
 Crown of Shadows Volume 3
Clockworks Volume 5


Crystal Balls says:
 



No comments:

Post a Comment