Sunday, February 10, 2013

Project Disney- Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs

Parajunkee Design

I am participating in Project Disney hosted by Picture Me Reading!  Go to her blog to learn more about it!

Project Disney: The plan is to tackle all of the Disney films, re-reading the classic stories and tales that inspired many of them and to look at how the changes the filmmakers made, the new elements they introduced and the essential elements they kept. We will, of course, be talking about the films as movies as well, saying why we enjoy them and what some of our favorite moments are, but our focus will be on looking at them as adaptations. For the films that are not drawn from any one work we’ll be looking at some of the possible literary influences that we see in the stories.



This week's movie and book is Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs .  Turns out the story Little Snow White is available free on the internet, and you can find it here!  I am very lucky to have a husband who loves Disney as much as I do!!  My bedroom is full of Disney snowglobes and other goodies.  I will show pictures of those later as we get to the movies that correlate with them.   I have also been to both Disneyland and Disneyworld.  Super super super super super fun! I mean... I have an entire board on Pinterest dedicated just to DISNEY! 
 Well about Snow White... she is my least favorite princess and Disney movie. The evil queen is super cool.... of course I love the villains in all the movies.  I have all the Disney VHS movies... well they are all at my mom's house. I recently too this movie (on DVD) over to my cousin's house, who is 4, and she was like what in the world is this?  She asked me how old Snow White is, and I said I don't know, and she then told me that Snow White totally sounds like a little girl.  And she's right!  Snow White has the squeakiest voice!

I do love the story though in the movie.  Now-a-days you don't get Disney movies like this.  Murder!!!  Kill Snow White and get her heart!  I just love it! I love how the villains in the older Disney movies are true villains and evil.  Confession:  one thing I love about Disney is the villains! Plus how cool is the evil queen when she has a Magic Mirror???  (Which I loved when the mirror was featured in the Shrek movie!). 


 Now... about the dwarfs..  yeesh they are annoying.  I love their music in the film... but they are just too goofy for me.   Of course the need to be the humor in the movie.  In the book they really have no character at all... just apart of the story.  

 Snow White... she is actually quite young in the original story.  A child age seven!  Obviously Disney would need her to be much older for the story to work, so I am happy with this change.  I do actually feel bad for her... here is a girl who has done nothing wrong but exist and then is chased down because of it. 


Also... for you Disney fans out there... if you have not checked out Annie Leibovitz photos for the Disney campaign you must do!! I wish I could make the images larger... but the way my blog is set up they go off the sides! :(


 Though this is my least favorite movie... everyone who is a Disney fan should watch it and own it.

Find Picture Me Reading's post on Snow White here . 
They are the host of this little Disney adventure so that post is not to be missed!!
Also Nerdy Book Reviews is participating also.
Racheal Turns Pages does a great job comparing book to movie!


Here is my
Project Disney: Cinderella 
Peter Pan
Treasure Planet
Sleeping Beauty
The Great Mouse Detective 
The Hunchback of Notre Dame
The Princess and the Frog
Pinocchio 
Fantasia 
Beauty and the Beast
Lady and the Tramp
 Alice in Wonderland
The Rescuers
The Rescuers Down Under

No comments:

Post a Comment