Thursday, June 21, 2012

Follow Me Friday (#37)



This is the day of the week where we get to know each other better by answering a question devised by our lovely hostesses Parajunkee & Alisoncanread. We also gain new followers by joining each other's sites via GFC, so please let me know if you're a new follower. And now for this week's question....
Q. If you could unread a book which would it be? Is it because you want to start over and experience it again for the first time? Or because it was THAT bad? 
Honestly I would like to read Bram Stoker's  Dracula again.  I was pleasantly surprised by this book and it made me love vampire lore even more.  It was a perfect story... and I love the edition I have which is the one that is illustrated by Edward Gorey!  Even better since I love his art work.


So a book I would to unread that I didn't like... hummm... if I don't like a book I usually quit it. And I will read it for a while too before quitting.  Very few books have I quit.  But one book I would like to forget is Freedom by Jonathan Franzen.  I heard so much hype about the Corrections (never read it) so when Freedom came out and everyone was loving it I gave it a shot.  Oprah had the author on her show, he was on the cover of Time magazine (who hardly EVER feature authors.  So I had to read it.  This book was 600 pages long and I quit at 500 pages!  Only 100 pages to go.  I just couldn't put anymore time into that book! It was so odd about a divorced couple... and that was it.  Just how they lived. 


So what about you???  Leave me a link to your blog so I can come and read about what you want to unread!

No comments:

Post a Comment