Sunday, June 12, 2011

Paranormalcy Review



I just finished this book for my YA Book Club pick this month! Here is goodreads description:
Evie’s always thought of herself as a normal teenager, even though she works for the International Paranormal Containment Agency, her ex-boyfriend is a faerie, she’s falling for a shape-shifter, and she’s the only person who can see through paranormals’ glamours.
But Evie’s about to realize that she may very well be at the center of a dark faerie prophecy promising destruction to all paranormal creatures.
So much for normal.
WOW!  I loved this book.  It was such a fun read.     I am glad this book has other paranormals then just vampires, werewolves, and zombies. I was so glad to see mermaids, hags, and water elementals. I just thought the author did a great job of making the first book it's own story and then leading into book two. I think too many YA books anymore use the whole first book to lead into the second so the first book never gets it's own story anymore.

I  like that Evie the main character was fun. The pink taser, the prom dress, her first kiss, the mall... all teenage things! I liked reading about her. I love love how the word bleeping was used every time someone was using a curse word. I thought this added a perfect amount of comedy.  The author was not afraid to add some sadness into the story either which was a nice change.  I thought that the main theme of the book was about being normal.  Who is normal?  What is normal?  I really think that people will relate to this theme, especially young adults.


I liked this book enough to really want to read the next book Supernaturally!



 I found this great picture of a quilt someone made that features some of the great parts of the book!  Evie's Taser that names Tasey, her pink books, her favorite TV show!  This is a fun quilt!

No comments:

Post a Comment