Saturday, September 10, 2011

Divergent by Veronica Roth Review


Just finished this GREAT book... here is the goodreads description:  


Beatrice "Tris" Prior has reached the fateful age of sixteen, the stage at which teenagers in Veronica Roth's dystopian Chicago must select which of five factions to join for life. Each faction represents a virtue: Candor, Abnegation, Dauntless, Amity, and Erudite. To the surprise of herself and her selfless Abnegation family, she chooses Dauntless, the path of courage. Her choice exposes her to the demanding, violent initiation rites of this group, but it also threatens to expose a personal secret that could place in mortal danger. Veronica Roth's young adult Divergent trilogy launches with a captivating adventure about love and loyalty playing out under most extreme circumstances.

Yes I know... I am behind on reading this book.  I kept wanting to read it sooner because I saw it all over the book blogs, but it was because everyone was somehow getting ARC copies and I just couldn't get my hands on one. So I finally just got it from the library.  At first when I saw the length of the book I was kinda disappointed.  I am so tired of these books that are trilogies before they are even published and since this was the start of one I was really bummed.  Then I started to read it and LOVED it.  Got through the book pretty fast.

I did sometimes get a little feel of the Hunger Games.  There were districts in that trilogy and factions in this one.  But no love triangle in this one which is GREAT!  Lots and lots of action.  Kinda non-stop action.  I do wish it had slowed down a little more at different parts.  I am very curious what the next book will be about?

The author Veronica Roth has a great blog!  It isn't just about her book it is about life, you should check it out:  Veronica Roth


No comments:

Post a Comment