Saturday, January 5, 2013

Bout of Books 6.0 Goals and Updates

Bout of Books Read-a-Thon

I am going to participate again in this read-a-thon!  I really need to get caught up on some books and when I saw others participating in it I knew it was perfect for me. I almost missed out on it this time around.  I decided to go ahead and check the bout of books website to see when the next one is and walla!! It starts on the 7th!

The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, January 7th and runs through Sunday, January 13th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 6.0 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. -From the Bout of Books 6.0 team


Don't forget to use the #boutofbooks hashtag when updating on Twitter and follow boutofbooks.
I will be updating my progress here and on my my twitter page.  

Time Devoted to Reading
I will be reading 4 hours a day/during the week/ not exactly sure how much reading I will get in on the weekend.  On Saturday I will be busy so not really sure about that day.

My Goals:
I would like to read 4 books.  I am in the middle of a Harry Potter re-read and really would like to get it done this week.  I am also reading Beautiful Creatures for my book club. I would like to participate in a twitter chat.  I participated in one last time around and it was a lot of fun and a GREAT place to get advice from other people.   
Just figured out the pages... so these 4 books total 2844 pages.  So I will have to read about 400 pages a day!!

Books to Read







Updates

Monday
Number of books I've read today: 0
Name of book: Beautiful Creatures
Total number of books I've read:0
Number of hours read:3 hours
What else I did: Not much else as far as my blog today.  Just got some good reading!!

Tuesday

Number of books I've read today:0
Total number of books I've read:0
Number of Hours I've read: 2
What else I did:  Dang this book is long!!  I need to put more hours in!


Wednesday

Number of books I've read today:0
Total number of books I've read:0
Books:
Number of Hours I've Read: 2
What else I did:  2 hours seems to be all I can get in each day since at night we are doing a Harry Potter marathon for the movies. 

Thursday

Number of books I've read today:0
Total number of books I've read:0
Books:
Number of Hours I've Read: 2
What else I did:  Man reading 400 pages is a day is impossible!  Totally not as easy as I thought it would be!

Friday

Number of books I've read today:
Total number of books I've read:
Books:
Number of Hours I've Read: 
What else I did:

Saturday

Number of books I've read today:
Total number of books I've read:
Books:
Number of Hours I Read: 
What else I did:

Sunday

Number of books I've read today:
Total number of books I've read:
Books:
Number of hours I read: 
What else I did:



Schedule

Bout of Books 6.0

Challenges/Giveaways

Monday1/7
Scientific Discovery - The Book Barbies

Tuesday 1/8
Guess the Cover - Never Too Fond of Books
Favorite/Funniest Cover - Ms. Buff's Blog

Wednesday 1/9
Page 48 Challenge - Booking In Heels

Thursday 1/10
Book Spine Poetry - Escape Through the Pages
Vampires in Popular Fiction - The One with Rachel's Book

Friday 1/11
Rewrite the Synopsis - A Daydreamer's Thoughts

Saturday 1/12
Name Your Book Crack - Bookgoonie
Bookish Dress Up - Nyx Book Reviews

Sunday 1/13
The New Year Resolution Challenge - Ex Libris


Twitter Chats
(chats last approximately one hour)
TZC = Time Zone Conversion

Monday: 1pm CST (TZC)
Wednesday: 8pm CST (TZC)
Saturday: 10am CST (TZC)

No comments:

Post a Comment